GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Meets at needed
Rural Radio - Scottsbluff (KNEB)
- Monitors legislation on the local, state and federal levels
- Hosts an annual State of the Valley Address (includes both cities & county)
- Hosts an annual Pre-Legislative event (includes Governor & Panhandle Senators)
- Hosts an annual Lincoln Legislative trip during session
- Hosts Rolls & Issues bi-weekly teleconferences with the District 48 Senator.
- Hosts Candidate Forums prior to the primary and general elections.
- Submits letters of concern to government agencies and representatives on issues
VALLEY VISIONS TASKFORCE
Meets the 4th Wednesday of the month. 11:00 a.m. (Does not meet June, July & August)
City of Scottsbluff
- Community taskforce for unified projects in business districts
- Green is Good for Business
- Monument Valley Pathways
- Activate Scottsbluff/Gering
- Heartland Expressway Association
- Tourism Events & Recreation
LEADERSHIP SCOTTS BLUFF
Simmons Olsen Law Firm
- For over two decades, Leadership Scotts Bluff has been graduating community leaders who shape Scotts Bluff County’s business and community landscapes
- Applications are taken in July.
- Class runs from August to April and covers a variety of topics and skills
NEXT YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
Platte Valley Bank
- The primary focus of the NEXT Organization is to provide a social networking platform for professionals. Panhandle members can meet, socially interact, and network in a casual environment. Learn more about local businesses, service organizations, and the NEXT generation of leaders guiding the Panhandle into the future.
- A variety of membership levels are available.