Meets the 1st Friday of every month 7 a.m. (Chamber Boardroom)
North Platte NRD
- Stays informed on agriculture issues as they pertain to the local economy
- Actively involved in water issues to insure our future water supplies
- Monitors agricultural related legislation
- Provides scholarships annually to students pursuing an agriculture related degree
- Hosts a fall fundraiser event – either a BBQ or Ag Safety Day
- Hosts an annual Water Tour to educate participants about the irrigation system and water issues
- Hosts a Western Sugar Factory Tour
Meets the 2nd Friday of every month at 12:30 p.m. at Various restaurants
Western States Bank
- Serves as the Public Relations Committee for the Chamber
- Presents First Dollar Certificates
- Attends Ribbons Cuttings and Groundbreakings
- Recognizes Relocations and Expansions
- Participates in Grand Openings and Business After Hours
Meets quarterly – the 1st Tuesday in Jan. May, Sept. at 4 p.m.
UNMC College of Nursing
Serves as a link between education and business
- Sponsors the Adopt-A-School program between local business and schools.
- Hosts a Kick-off Breakfast and Spring Reception
- Monitors legislation that affects local education
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Meets at noon - the 4th Monday - Sept. thru May.
Nebraska Public Power District
Simmons Olsen Law Firm
- Monitors legislation on the local, state and federal levels
- Hosts an annual State of the Valley Address (includes both cities & county)
- Hosts an annual Pre-Legislative event (includes Governor & Panhandle Senators)
- Hosts an annual Lincoln Legislative trip during session
- Hosts Rolls & Issues bi-weekly teleconferences with the District 48 Senator.
- Hosts Candidate Forums prior to the primary and general elections.
- Submits letters of concern to government agencies and representatives on issues
VALLEY VISIONS TASKFORCE
Meets the 4th Wednesday of the month. 11:00 a.m.
City of Scottsbluff
Keep Scottsbluff/Gering Beautiful
- Community taskforce for unified projects in business districts
- Green is Good for Business
- Monument Valley Pathways
- Activate Scottsbluff/Gering
- Heartland Expressway Association
- Tourism Events & Recreation
LEADERSHIP SCOTTS BLUFF
NE Dept. of Roads
- For over two decades, Leadership Scotts Bluff has been graduating community leaders who shape Scotts Bluff County’s business and community landscapes
- Applications are taken in July.
- Class runs from August to April and covers a variety of topics and skills
NEXT YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
City of Scottsbluff
- The primary focus of the NEXT Organization is to provide a social networking platform for professionals. Panhandle members can meet, socially interact, and network in a casual environment. Learn more about local businesses, service organizations, and the NEXT generation of leaders guiding the Panhandle into the future.
- A variety of membership levels are available.